1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I don't want a (Main Series) Pokemon game on the Switch

Discussion in 'Pokémon for Nintendo Switch' started by Fulure, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Offline

Fulure "What the heck is a Fulure?" Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    2nd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Infernape and Salamance
    PkmnGO Team:
    Unlike most people, upon hearing the news of a main series Pokemon game for the Switch, my excitement for the upcoming games died. I would be fine if they put a side game on the Switch but at this point, I really don't want a main game for multiple reasons.

Firstly, the complete lack of numbers. I have a friend, let's call him Cheezus. Cheezus wants the Switch, and because Cheezus did not preorder the Switch, he has waited almost 4 months unable to get one. There is a serious lack if Nintendo Switch Consoles, and as someone still using a wii U and a First Gen 3ds, I can't afford, or find a Switch.

Secondly, while a minor thing, it still bothers me. We have to go back to using one screen instead of two. This is one of the most underrated things in Pokemon Series and I don't think people really understand how awesome it is. Let's take me, for example. I am Lazy. I hate having to press a button to view a map or use online features when I can just use these with a glance, or a tap. Again, its minor, but still.

Thirdly, the fact that, honestly, the Switch is not mobile. I fly, and travel, alot. I go to Hong-Kong quite often, and it's a 14-16 hour plane ride. A Switch, with one battery pack, could last 2 hours, while my 3ds, at max brightness, lasts more than 4 times that, before dying, where I can sleep for the rest of the ride. If you have a 3ds you could take it on a road trip, but the Switch couldn't last a Plane trip from Washington to Texas. (Around 4 hours)

There are a few more reasons I want to go over, but it is 3 in the morning and I need sleep, so goodnight good people of the internet, and remember the difference between their they're and there!
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    First of all, let's say that the game won't be out before the end of 2018 (or more because they just started the development...) so that said I don't think finding a Switch will be that difficult. In over 1 year they will deliver more console so it will be easier to find one :yesyes2: :sisi2: and slowly they will start selling bundles (console + game) so it will be easier to find one.
    It it's a problem of money I can understand that... but in over 1 year I think there will be some a good sale...

Eh well... I don't see that as a problem... I played a lot of RPGs and many of them don't use a second screen... for sure it's quick to select the move but they can do something new...
    Persona 5 for example is really well made (it use only 1 screen since it' on PS4), like you see in the image below, you choose what to do really quickly with the button so Pokémon can use the 4 buttons (A,B,X;Y to choose the Pokémon move and something like a special command up+A to select an item/bag and so on) but sincerly, we we use the buttons below it's quick anyway:
    Attack (with another screen with the move to use), Pokémon (to change it), Bag and Run....
    [​IMG]

That's why I used 2 consoles to ride the plane asd when one dies there's the other one asd
  3. Offline

Ethan Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    2nd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Sudowoodo
    PkmnGO Team:
    Cheezus roftlasdroftl:haha: :hahaha::dance: :happydance::LOL: :lol:

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites