1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anime What turns you off Anime?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Smuglup, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Offline

Smuglup Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Just a question: What turns/puts you off Anime?

It can be related inside the Anime series or in real life. for me, it's a couple of things.
    Don't get me wrong though, I love anime, but there are things that make me rethink watching anime:

Fanservice: I like very lite fanservice, but when a series gets saturated in it, I just stop watching.

Bigotry: I really hate when people judge your "tastes" in anime when theirs isn't any better to begin with. If they don't like a series, then either explain why you don't like it in a sensible discussion or keep your mouth shut and don't ruin it for other people.

I know the "your anime tastes are sh**" is supposed to be a joke, but there are people who follow that trend sadly.

The Fans: I hate to say it, but the fans of Anime shows can ruin a good thing. I have no problems with fanbases, but sometimes they get out of control.
  2. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well, for me is the story. If the story is interesting I continue to watch it, if it's boring I go watch something else. And the same is with manga, if one is interesting I keep reading it if it's boring I quit it.

I'm sure that if they say something like that they haven't watched the actual show :coffee2:

The fans can ruin it when they start talking about spoilers... It happened with me with DB Super about a character...
    everywhere they were "Vegito!!! There's Vegito"
    ... :omg:
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  3. Offline

Carly Apple Thai and Swedish Ancestry Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    6th Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Vulpix, Ninetales, Articuno
    Not enough fan service or stupid male/female leads.
    Generic storylines and boring animation styles.

That's it from me.

I especially love fan service in anime.
    If it is well done and interesting that is...
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites