What's new

What Pokémon do you love, but is underrated?

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
What Pokémon do you love, but is underrated?
- Minun... because he can be good in a story run but in competitive... I'll never use him (and he is one of my favorite mons!!)
- Zangoose: in the story he always is difficult to defeat but in a competitive he won't deal much damage since he is a normal type
- Kommo-o: I used it in Sun for the story and I was really disappointed in him...
- Dunsparce: because I want to see him be useful

Rosetta

Immewminati Confirmed
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
5th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mew and Mew~
PkmnGO Team
@May
Oh gosh, one of my favorite Pokemon is Klefki actually. I lot of people hate the little guy but I love him to death. He was the first Pokemon in X and Y that got level 100. And honestly he's not a bad Pokemon, he actually hits quite hard! I love my keyssss~

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
@May
Oh gosh, one of my favorite Pokemon is Klefki actually. I lot of people hate the little guy but I love him to death. He was the first Pokemon in X and Y that got level 100. And honestly he's not a bad Pokemon, he actually hits quite hard! I love my keyssss~
I think Klefki is really appreciated because I have battled against some of them in competitive :yeahyeah: (but I still won't use him since there's other Steel or Fairy types that I prefer to use)

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I guess Emolga is underrated, so that is it.

Fulure

Leader of the Blueberry Army
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Infernape and Salamance
PkmnGO Team
Meganium. I honestly don't get the hate. Most people say they hate Chikorita because it's the "weakest", but most of the time those same people choose Charmander, the "weakest" Kanto starter (Against the Gyms) and always talk about how they remember (for example) using Butterfree against Brock to beat him. You can do the same thing in G/S/C by Catching a Mareep near Falkner's Gym, and unlike Butterfree Amphraros can be useful late game...

Or maybe that's just me...

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Meganium. I honestly don't get the hate. Most people say they hate Chikorita because it's the "weakest", but most of the time those same people choose Charmander, the "weakest" Kanto starter (Against the Gyms) and always talk about how they remember (for example) using Butterfree against Brock to beat him. You can do the same thing in G/S/C by Catching a Mareep near Falkner's Gym, and unlike Butterfree Amphraros can be useful late game...

I'm sorry to tell you that Chikorita is called "burning trash" in the Korean community. Honestly, they make it sound much worse than it actually is, so there are a whole bunch of ignorant people that join the bandwagon without checking its viability themselves.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team

Usually I choose the one that I like more :yesyes2: :sisi2: in Gen 3 my favorite started used to be Mudkip but after some time I sterted to like Torchic so now I have 2 starters in Gen 3 that I really like XD
About Meganium (I'm still waiting for Mega Meganium roftl) I simply don't choose him because Totodile for me is more funny and I like it much more XD

I'm sorry to tell you that Chikorita is called "burning trash" in the Korean community. Honestly, they make it sound much worse than it actually is, so there are a whole bunch of ignorant people that join the bandwagon without checking its viability themselves.
Really? I learned something new :yesyes:

By the way, I have read many Nuzlocke comics where Chikorita was the starter of the team :yesyes: so I think there's people that still like it :clapclap:

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
@May
Most of the people who hate Klefki are awfully short-minded.
They hate it for being based on an inanimate object, while having no basis on why Pokemon designs should be limited to animals.
Not only that, they "criticize" its design for being a literal set of keys, but no one seems to know it's actually a fairy (not an inanimate object) that likes to collect keys.
I say that sufficiently justifies its resemblance to a keychain, and besides, let's be honest. It's a helluva clever idea.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
They hate it for being based on an inanimate object, while having no basis on why Pokemon designs should be limited to animals.
Not only that, they "criticize" its design for being a literal set of keys, but no one seems to know it's actually a fairy (not an inanimate object) that likes to collect keys.
I say that sufficiently justifies its resemblance to a keychain, and besides, let's be honest. It's a helluva clever idea.
Don't forget Chandelure and Vanilluxe XDDDD both are inanimate objects but both have an original design! (And Chandelure was used in competitive XDDD)

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team

Actually, I like Meganium! I chose Chikorita as my starter in Pokémon Soul Silver... As I always choose the starter by the way they look (I choose the coolest/cutest looking), it was a hard battle between Chikorita and Totodile, but as I think Meganium cooler than Feraligatr, I chose the first.
But you know, Snivy is the coolest starter

That's true.
It's even more dolt when the same people say they hate Klefki because of its design, but enjoy other kind of inanimate objects Pokémon... =/

Fun fact, I actually don't like Klefki too but that's because of its learning set.

Don't forget Chandelure and Vanilluxe XDDDD both are inanimate objects but both have an original design! (And Chandelure was used in competitive XDDD)

Chandelure is cool! asd

Fulure

Leader of the Blueberry Army
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Infernape and Salamance
PkmnGO Team
I like how most of the people complaining about Klefki and Vanilluxe (etc.) are cool with the rock with a face and the magnet that grows two more magnets in Gen 1...

Rosetta

Immewminati Confirmed
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
5th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mew and Mew~
PkmnGO Team

Chikorita is amazing omg it's so cute what are they talking about??? They can all fight me >:L

That's true.
It's even more dolt when the same people say they hate Klefki because of its design, but enjoy other kind of inanimate objects Pokémon... =/

Fun fact, I actually don't like Klefki too but that's because of its learning set.
I respect that opinion. c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom