1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Influenced Your Art Style the Most?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by unownzone, Apr 4, 2017.

Pokémon World Championship 2017

Moderators: unownzone
  1. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    Artists out there!
    Some of you may already have a well developed style of your own, while others may still be trying out different things and experimenting with their art.
    Regardless, based on how you draw right now, what do you think influenced your current art style the most?
    Is it a particular piece of art you've seen? Is it a certain artist? Is it a mixture of things?

Share with us!
  2. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    PkmnGO Team:
    For me, it's probably Satoshi Yamamoto, the artist who illustrated Pokemon Special from the Crystal chapter and onward.
    I had a phase in middle school where I was obsessed with Pokespe, so I spent a lot of time drawing and copying scenes in the manga. Because of that, when I draw humans, the way I draw the eyes and body proportions are still very similar to the Pokemon Special art style.

Other than that, I guess Ken Sugimori influenced me a lot, simply because I drew Pokemon a lot based on the official art.

Now, I'm trying to change my style a bit, to move a little away from the Japanese Manga/anime style drawing.
    I'd like to share what kind of art style I want to have but I guess that's a topic for another day.
  3. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Good question XDDD
    Years ago I used to draw the eyes of human characters with the Sugimori old style but I got tired of it after some time because it was a little boring drawing like that. After that I started to draw the eyes with an anime style and in the end I ended with a personal style inspired of the CLAMP one for some lights effects.
    So my actual style is a fusion of anime/manga :yesyes: but trying to add something mine in it :yesyes:
  4. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    PkmnGO Team:
    Anime style, as in the pokémon anime? Also, what is CLAMP?
  5. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I watched a lot of anime so I think I took a little from every anime/manga I watched/read
    CLAMP is a group of mangaka but I really liked how their characters (the eyes) in some anime look so I tryed to do something that resemble that style :yesyes:
    Here's an example (I really love that effect in the eyes for female characters XD)
    [​IMG]
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    PkmnGO Team:
    Ohhhh I see.
    I think it's a good thing to be able to use references from a lot of different sources. If you're influenced by only a few, like me, it's hard to be flexible.
Moderators: unownzone

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites