1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo What do you think about the Nintendo 2DS?

Discussion in 'Videogames' started by Diehl, Jul 13, 2016.

Moderators: Smuglup
  1. Offline

Diehl I'm back... I guess Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Hello trainers!

So, I think it is time for me to enter in the new (or almost old) generation of portable consoles, but I don't know how...

I had a lot of options, New 3DS, 3DS XL, 3DS and 2DS. At the begining, I didn't took much attention about the last one, but, as here in Brazil, game usually are VERY overpriced, the 2DS started to make sense, as here I can find it for like 2/3 of the price of a 3DS XL.

But I really don't know that much about the (dis)advantages of this console. So, I'd like to ask you some help... What do you think about the Nintendo 2DS? Do you think it is a good option?

Help me, pretty please.
  2. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I have the 2DS but I use it for when I have to go online (since I haven't updated my 3DS in a lot of time :coffee:)

I think that the 2DS price is really good and the console is really comfortable if you plan to play for a lot of hours :yesyes: the only thing that it can't do is showing you the 3D. Many games don't use really much the 3D option (Pokémon XY and ORAS sometimes don't use it) while others use it for everything (Shin Megami Tensei IV/Kingdom Hearts 3D) so I suggest you to choose what kind of games you want to play to know before how much 3D they use and with that choose what console to buy.
    So for me:
    2DS if you want a cheap console and you aren't interested in the 3D
    3DS if you want to play with the 3D
  3. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Thank you so much, May. Your answer was quite enlightening. :yesyes:
  4. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    You're welcome! If you need help feel free to write here :yesyes:
  5. Offline

Perico Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    If 3DS is so expensive where you live, I'd definitely get the 2DS! The only difference, as May pointed, is the 3D effect and, not going to lie, I bet 90% of the time you won't be using it.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Hello Perico, thanks for your answer, it is always nice to have more opinions. And, yes, I thinking I'm going to buy the 2DS, unless that I find a 3DS on sale in the next two weeks.
  7. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    Diehl,I don't know if you've already bought a handheld, but my opinion on the 2DS is positive too.
    I have a friend that actually regretted buying a 3DS because the 3D feature never gets used often. This is probably because he only plays Pokemon, but he did strongly it was a waste of money to pay more for the 3D feature. There's no doubt the 2DS is affordable.
    Personally, I like the 2DS's design because it looks like an axe head haha
  8. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Yes, I bought a 2DS, and I'm loving it.

I don't know "how" is to play in 3D, but as a internet-friend of mine told me he has headache every time he play in 3D for more than a hour, I don't think it is a big loss for me.

About the design, well, the 2DS may not be as pretty as the 3DS, but I think it is very good to hold, compared to my DS Lite. And the size isn't really a problem, because even my DS Lite, which is small, doesn't fit well in my pockets (maybe it is because I'm thin?), so I usually took it on my backpack. So, the only think I had to do is bought a "case" in order to not scratch the 2DS screen (as my backpack is always, well, a mess).
Moderators: Smuglup

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites