1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #8: Komala (775)

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by May, Jan 19, 2017.

Pokémon World Championship 2017

1. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.
    This week, our user @Phazon suggested this Pokémon!

This week's Pokémon is Komala!
    [​IMG]
    Type: Normal
    Base stats: 65 HP | 115 Atk | 65 Def | 75 Sp. Atk | 95 Sp. Def | 65 Spe
    Ability: Comatose​

First of all, remember that this Pokémon is born asleep and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.... Scary right?
    Its Comatose ability makes it so that its effectively under a permanent sleep status, but it can still attack. So yes, it can use Snore and Sleep Talk. Because its considered to be asleep, Komala won't be afflicted with any other status so it's really useful but he will be vulnerable to Dream Eater and Wake-Up Slap and the like....

We already know that Komala's ability is really interesting but his stats are mediocre and his moveset is not that extended but has everything you will need
    Moves:
    - Bulk Up
    - Return
    - Shadow Claw/Sucker Punch
    - Wish
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Comatose
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP | 8 Def | 252 Sp. Def
    This set focuses on using Bulk Up (Boosts the user's Attack and Defense by one stage each) and Return is a great STAB move for Komala. Wish will be used to recover some HP (with Leftovers) and finally you can choose one of those two moves: Suker Punch (Priority +1. Will only work if the foe chose a damaging move and moves after the user) or Shadow Claw (this to allow Komala to hit Ghost types since they are immune to Return).

Moves:
    - Rapid Spin
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Comatose
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 248 HP | 116 Def | 144 Sp. Def
    Like before, Komala has Wish but this time the moveset is a little more bulky. Rapid Spin is used to remove all entry hazards that your opponent set, Toxic to make up for its lack of offence (yes, with this moveset he won't attack at all) and finally Protect will guarantees tha Komala can heal itself with Wish.

I have to catch one Komala and box him forever since I won't use him in the competitive XDD (or maybe I already caught one but I don't remember him at all since he is always sleeping? XD)

Today for the: "did you know?" we have this: Komala shares its category name (Drowsing Pokémon) with Musharna.

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
    Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions
  2. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    there's a theory about komala that it's true body is the pillow.:omg: because it's shiny form has only its pillow as a different color :argh:

:sleep: :goodnight: :zzz::sleep: :goodnight: :zzz::sleep: :goodnight: :zzz::sleep: :goodnight: :zzz::sleep: :goodnight: :zzz:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Offline

Hikari Trainer of Light Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    5th Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Eevee
    PkmnGO Team:
    Hm, fond this Pokémon once, I don't think I caught it...Cute though. :) Interesting Pokémon.
  4. Offline

Diehl Online more often since last week Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Another Pokémon that I've never used. Well, it's cute but I usually don't use Normal Type Pokémon.

The thing it holds is a Pillow? I thought it was a wooden stick. :uhmm:
  5. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Wasn't that a wooden stick? No wait... the official website has an answer!
    So we can say that both @unownzone and @Diehl are right! (Poor Komala... using that to sleep... :omg:)

Well, instead of Komala if I have to choose a normal type I will go with Snorlax since it's really tank and has good moves (and don't forget its Z-Move Pancake XDDD) -> this why I always have trouble defeating him XD

If your opponent loves to use a lot of status moves you can use him XD
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

Diehl Online more often since last week Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Yeah, it should find something softer to use as pillow. roftl

Users found this page by searching for:

1. competative komala

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites