1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #3: Umbreon (197)

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Nightmare May, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Umbreon!
    [​IMG]
    Type: Dark
    Base stats: 95 HP | 65 Atk | 110 Def | 60 Sp. Atk | 130 Sp. Def | 65 Spe
    Ability: Inner Focus | Synchronize (HA)​

Umbreon evolves from Eevee when leveled up with high friendship during the night and it is one of Eevee's final forms.
    It was first introduce in Gen 2 with Espeon and is a great tank (no, it's not that I want to cover a lot of tanks Pokémon but the randomizer continue to choose them :uhmm:).
    I'm sure that sometimes someone of you encountered one in the competitive since he has a lot of good moves :yesyes2: :sisi2:

Moves:
    - Wish
    - Protect/Moonlight
    - Heal Bell
    - Foul Play
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Sp. Def

One of the best moves are Wish and Moonlight that allows Umbreon to recover (and don't forget leftovers!!). Wish is really useful but requires two turns so it is good with Protect to gain one more turn while waiting for the wish (but it can heal an ally in the user's place -> note: not with this moveset) while Moonlight is a more reliable form of recovery.
    Foul Play is the only damaging move but can deal a lot of damage (and is a STAB move).

Another good moveset (that I really love) is with Curse + Batom Pass:
    Moves:
    - Curse
    - Batom Pass
    - Wish/Moonlight/Taunt/Substitute/Payback
    - Wish/Moonlight/Taunt/Substitute/Payback
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Sassy Nature | Calm
    EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Sp. Def
    With this set, Umbreon will boosts its Defence and Attack while lowering Speed. Taunt will stop others from using status moves, Substitute will block status and protects Umbreon and the next Pokémon (if you use Batom Pass) from damage and in the end, Batom Pass will pass the stats to another Pokémon.
    So think about a cute Caterpie against something like... uhm... anything is fine XDD
    Umbreon will do his job of use curse and heal with Wish (and Substitute) and after a lot of turns will Batom Pass and a cute Caterpie will become a nightmare of many Pokémon XD

Both of those movesets are good for Single Battles (yes, Umbreon is more useful in a Single battle) and he is a great Batom Pass user and a great Pokémon for the adventure.
    I used him in Silver because his design was really cool (and his shiny form is really awesome!!) but I haven't used it that much after Gen 3 because I like other Eeveelutions more.

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games!
    Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions
  2. Offline

Diehl I'm back... I guess Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Am I crazy or you made a new post? 'Cause I think I already replied to this thread.

Anyway, I really like Umbreon. It's my favourite eeveelution and also one of my favourites Pokémon from Gen 2.
  3. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    That was a WIP (work in progress) in the staff zone :yesyes: while this one is the complete work :yesyes2: :sisi2:
  4. Offline

Diehl I'm back... I guess Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Oh... It explains everything. :D
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    My friend's favorite Pokemon was practically Umbreon because it was so useful as a wall in the HGSS metagame. He'd show me his beautiful shiny Umbreon in his game, bragging how he won so many battles with it haha

I was surprised we could catch Umbreon in the wild in SM. I just caught one last night when an eevee called Umbreon for help XD
  6. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    For now I haven't found an Eevee that called for another Eeveelution XD but I hope to find a shiny one! :uhm:

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites