1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #18: Sneasel

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Christmas May, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Online

Christmas May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    As you guys already know, we open once a week (or that is what we try to do XD) a new thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: if it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.
    This week, our user @Ethan suggested this Pokémon!

This week's Pokémon is Sneasel!
    [​IMG]
    Type: Dark/Ice
    Base stats: 55 HP | 95 Atk | 55 Def | 35 Sp. Atk | 75 Sp. Def | 115 Spe
    Ability: Inner Focus or Keen Eye | Pickpocket (HA)

EVOLUTION:
    [​IMG]->[​IMG]
    It evolves into Weavile when leveled up holding a Razor Claw during the night.​

Let's be honest, who will use a Sneasel in a competitive battle? Maybe in a NU format where its one of the most dominant Pokémon because has a good power, speed, and a spectacular offensive typing.

Moves:
    - Knock Off
    - Icicle Crash
    - Pursuit
    - Low Kick / Ice Shard
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Pickpocket
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
    The most interesting thing and useful that Sneasel can have is Knock Off, a move with STAB, high base power and with the benefit of removing items from the opponents.
    The second STAB move, Icicle Crash has a 30% chance of causing the target to flinch so it can be really useful to come out of a sticky situation. The thirs move, Pursuit, can be very useful when the opponet try to switch its Pokémon.
    The forth move Low Kick lets Sneasel take care of other Steel-types and Ice-types Pokémon but can be changed to Ice Shard, a + 1 priority move that can finish off weakened opponents.

Moves:
    - Knock Off
    - Icicle Crash
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Shard
    Item:
    Choice Band
    Ability:
    Inner Focus
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
    This moveset is identical to the one before but removes Low Kick and change the hold item and ability.
    Choice Band substantially increases Sneasel's damage output and doesn't inflict residual damage, unlike Life Orb.
    Sneasel's abilities are mostly irrelevant... Keen Eyes prevents other Pokémon from lowering the accuracy stat stage of the Pokémon with this Ability. Inner Focus prevents the Pokémon from flinching so it's a great ability against opponents with Fake Out.

Today for the "did you know?" we have a lot of things XDD
    - No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Sneasel and Weavile
    - Sneasel has the highest base Speed of all Pokémon that can evolve
    - in GS Sneasel's skin was brown with pale turquoise feathers. This was changed in Crystal to match the original artwork
    [​IMG]
    Gold -> [​IMG] Silver -> [​IMG] Crystal -> [​IMG]
    Gen 6/7 ->[​IMG]

I don't remember if I used Sneasel in GS or Crystal... but I'm sure that I never used him in other generations XD I like its design (it's really cool and seems a black cat XD) but in competitive I prefer Weavile because it's more useful (I used it in some random battles and its speed and Ice Shard are a blessing XD)

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
    Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions
  2. Offline

... Pokemon Legend Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Mega Charizard X
    PkmnGO Team:
    Just edited Water to Dark/Ice :)
  3. Online

Christmas May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Thank you! I really forgot to edit that :facepalm3:
  4. Offline

Ethan Capture Expert Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    2nd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Sudowoodo
    PkmnGO Team:
    Its based on a sickle-weasel or a Kamaitachi
    Sneasel's name means sneaky-weasel
    Kamaitachi:[​IMG]
  5. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Even if it's based on a weasel I continue to think about it as a female black cat asd

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite