1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #14: Electivire

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by May, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    As you guys already know, we open once a week (or that is what we try to do XD) a new thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon (if it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Electivire!
    [​IMG]
    Type:
    Electric
    Base stats: 75 HP | 123 Atk | 67 Def | 95 Sp. Atk | 85 Sp. Def | 95 Spe
    Ability: Motor Drive | Vital Spirit (HA)

EVOLUTION:
    [​IMG]-> [​IMG] -> [​IMG]
    It evolves into Electabuzz starting at level 30, which evolves into Electivire when traded holding an Electirizer.​

If you think about Electivire you think that he has a really good design and is really powerful. That's true since he has a lot of powerful moves that can hit most Pokémon with super effective damage, the only thing this Pokémon lack is a good bulk and speed.

Moves:
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power (Grass)
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Motor Drive/Vital Spirit
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
    There's not much to talk about this moveset, an all-out attacker that gets in the field and start to attack until he gets ko.
    Every move is super effective against many common Pokémon that you can encounter.

Did you know that lectivire shares its category with Zebstrika? Both are known as the Thunderbolt Pokémon. Note that it is one of a few Pokémon whose species name in English is the same as the name of a move.

I used Electabuzz in Pokémon Red (when I wasn't able to catch Pikachu XDD) but after that Electabuzz and its evolution were always boxed... until the ORAS Online Competition: Pikachu Cup. With all those electric types Electivire with its Earthquake (and 1HKO) was a blessing: Emolga was used to set Tail Wind and after that Electivire defeated most of the opponents. He was truly a fearsome opponent in that Competition but was really fun to use.

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
    Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions
  2. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    Ooh! My second favorite electric type Pokemon after Luxray!
    I wish it were used more often ...
  3. Offline

TintjeMadelintje101 Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Lugia and Typhlosion
    OMG I absolutely LOVE Electifire, it's my 3e fav of all Electric types (1st Luxray, 2nd Jolteon) and I own one in AS since me and my fiance did a Egg trade in the beginning for fun and hatched the Eggs and mine was an Elekid, his was a Growlithe :D and my Electivire is now one of my strongest :D
  4. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Same here :yesyes2: :sisi2:

The only thing that I hate a little when you trade eggs is that the baby have the OT of the trainer that hatched the egg instead of the original trainer... that's why I don't trade eggs that much XD
    I'm sure that Electivire in the game was really helpful! :praise:
  5. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Lugia and Typhlosion
    I usually don't do that either xD though me and my fiance found it really fun and the egg pokémon really felt special because of that xD and we got the extra XP boost if it's from someone else >-< so his Arcanine and my Electivire really levelled up Reaaaaal quick xD
    It was extremely helpful and it swiped almost every team.... and killed the Kyogre many times (the Primal one... had to restart that battle aloooot) with it's electric attacks >_<
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Catching Primal Kyogre wasn't that difficult for me but when I tryed to catch Primal Groudon in my omega Ruby... I was desperate because was really difficult :cry:
  7. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Lugia and Typhlosion
    Ah with my fiance Primal Groudon was easy peasy, and I struggled o
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites