1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #11: Turtonator (776)

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Nightmare May, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Turtonator!
    [​IMG]
    Type: Dragon/Fire
    Base stats: 60 HP | 78 Atk | 135 Def | 91 Sp. Atk | 85 Sp. Def | 36 Spe
    Ability: Shell Armor​

Oh cool! A fire-dragon turtle! This thing scream "I'm powerful!!!"... but in reality this Pokémon is a great bulk Pokémon (135 defense) with a good moveset and an average offensice stat and speed.
    If we talk about it's design, I think that everyone will agree that he is a Chinese turtle XD (so in the future, he will be a region exclusive in Pokémon GO roftlroftl)

Moves:
    - Overheat / Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
    - Focus Blast / Flash Cannon / Earthquake / Stone Edge
    - Focus Blast / Flash Cannon / Earthquake / Stone Edge
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    This about a Draco Meteor/Overheat boosted with Choice Specs (boost Sp. Atk but allow the use of only one of its moves) ans the STAB, you will do really a great damage to the opponents. Everything else is for have a good coverage against Pokémon that will resist (like Rock/Fairy and Water/Fairy mons).

Moves:
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roar
    - Shell Trap
    - Taunt
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    If you want to make sufer your opponent, this moveset is really good. You burn your opponent, you threaten physical attackers with Shell Trap (150 damage if Turtonator take a physical damage before moving), Taunt (so a Pokémon like Mimikyu can't go for a Sword Dance) and finally Roar if things don't go well.

What do you think about Turtonator? Have someone of you used it in your adventure or in a competitive battle?
    I don't remember about it... if I don't have one I'll catch it for my Livingdex XDD

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
    Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites