1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #1: Avalugg (713)

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by Nightmare May, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Avalugg!
    [​IMG]
    Type: Ice
    Base stats: 95 HP | 117 Atk | 184 Def | 44 Sp. Atk | 46 Sp. Def | 28 Spe
    Ability: Own Tempo or Ice Body | Sturdy (HA)​

Let's be honest... who ever used Avalugg in the game? Not me.
    Even if Avalugg has a good defence, he is slow... slow... slow. But for sure a good tank (if we don't talk about his type, Ice, that has many weaknesses and only one resistance).

Moves: Rapid Spin, Recover, Avalanche and Earthquake/Roar
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP | 8 Def | 252 SpD

Avalanche is the main Stab attack (base power of 60 and 100% accuracy -> if the user takes damage in the same turn, Avalanche's power is doubled to 120) so it's really good since with Avalugg's speed.
    Rapid Spin can be used to free the Pokémon from the effects of any moves that partially trap or are entry hazards.
    Recover is great to keep the mon alive and finally Earthquake is a good coverage to hit Fire, Rock and Steel-type Pokémon super effectively (so maybe with that Sturdy ability he can survive 1 more turn to Recover and do something else XD)
    Other options? Well, Toxic is also good if you already know that your opponent will kill your Pokémon... you can start with Toxic, resist with Sturdy and start a new turn switching or using Recover.

Nothing more to say here since... I'm sure not many here will ever use him in competitive XDD so let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games! (I caught it and boxed him XDDD)

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites