Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
We already know about the 3 new starters from SM so let's talk about them and speculate about their evolutions! asd

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Some unused Ground and Fighting type icons were found on the Japanese SM website:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/partner_01/

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon01.png - Grass (used for Rowlet)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon02.png - Flying (used for Rowlet)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon03.png - Ground (unused)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon04.png - Fire (used for Litten)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon05.png - Water (used for Popplio)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon06.png - Fighting (unused)

For icon 7 and beyond, there's nothing

So, there are icons for both of Rowlet's types, one for Litten's type, one for Popplip's type, and two unused ones for the Ground and Fighting types
Source: here

So maybe we will have:
- Rowlet: Grass/Flying
- Litten: Fire/Ground
- Popplio: Water/Fight

I really want Litten to be a Fire/Ground now!

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Keulemans_Laughing_Owl.jpg

If the grass starters are in fact following a "prehistoric animals theme" like the popular theory proposes, I thought Rowlet's design must be based on something extinct too.

So here's the laughing owl. It was a species native to New Zealand until it went extinct in 1910 after European explorers arrived. It's not exactly prehistoric, but I think this is likely to be the inspiration behind Rowlet.

If it really is, we might get hints to what Rowlet's evolutions will be like based on the laughing owl's characteristics. Here's a bit of what I found.

Unlike many modern owls, laughing owls preferred hunting and living on the ground.- If you overthink it, this might suggest Rowlet could exchange its flying type with another secondary type.

Laughing owls' extinction was due to Europeans bringing cats to their ecosystem - Its funny to know that since Litten, a cat Pokémon, is another starter

I couldn't find anything else significant yet, but I thought these would be fun to think about

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Keulemans_Laughing_Owl.jpg

If the grass starters are in fact following a "prehistoric animals theme" like the popular theory proposes, I thought Rowlet's design must be based on something extinct too.

So here's the laughing owl. It was a species native to New Zealand until it went extinct in 1910 after European explorers arrived. It's not exactly prehistoric, but I think this is likely to be the inspiration behind Rowlet.

If it really is, we might get hints to what Rowlet's evolutions will be like based on the laughing owl's characteristics. Here's a bit of what I found.

Unlike many modern owls, laughing owls preferred hunting and living on the ground.- If you overthink it, this might suggest Rowlet could exchange its flying type with another secondary type.

Laughing owls' extinction was due to Europeans bringing cats to their ecosystem - Its funny to know that since Litten, a cat Pokémon, is another starter

I couldn't find anything else significant yet, but I thought these would be fun to think about
And that's why Litten is a Fire type asd this is really interesting!

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
i3polEa.jpg

Would the Pokémon Company has leaked the final evolution types of the starter Pokémon from Pokémon Sun & Moon?

According a Reddit user, yes, missing URL codes on the official website for Pokémon Sun & Moon may have revealed it.

aWPahDw.png

Rowlet: Grass/Flying
Since the release of the first trailer of Pokémon Sun & Moon, it was clear that Rowlet would be a grass/flying type Pokémon. And that is the way Rowlet is listed on the japanese Pokémon website.
icon01.png
icon02.png

C6Gsi1W.png

Litten: Fire/Ground
Litten is currently listed as pure fire type on the japanese Pokémon website through the following icon.
icon04.png

The icon's url is "http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon04.png", so what happened to the icon03? Well, there we have a rumor, people believe that this could be Litten's second type, and it is...
icon03.png

No, it is not dark type, but ground!

8oKTeGm.png

Popplio: Water/Fighting
Currently the small seal (?) is listed as pure water type, as shown by the following icon.
icon05.png

The url of this icon is "http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon05.png", again, if we play with the url and change the final number to "06", we can find the supposed second type of Popplio, which is Fighting (just like someone already guessed).
icon06.png

Of course there is A LOT of speculation in these informations... But here it is, the rumor has been planted!
What do you think about this? Personally, I would be a bit disappointed if Litten don't be a Dark type. asd

Source: Heavy.com

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
i3polEa.jpg

Would the Pokémon Company has leaked the final evolution types of the starter Pokémon from Pokémon Sun & Moon?

According a Reddit user, yes, missing URL codes on the official website for Pokémon Sun & Moon may have revealed it.

Of course there is A LOT of speculation in these informations... But here it is, the rumor has been planted!
What do you think about this? Personally, I would be a bit disappointed if Litten don't be a Dark type. asd

Source: Heavy.com
I moved your post into the Starters discussion and Speculation thread :yesyes:

Like I already wrote, I really want Litten to be Fire/Ground :yesyes: but Fire/Dark suits him better :crash:

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I moved your post into the Starters discussion and Speculation thread :yesyes:

Like I already wrote, I really want Litten to be Fire/Ground :yesyes: but Fire/Dark suits him better :crash:

Sorry about that... Again.
I should start to search for threads about topic I want to talk about before start a new one, instead just follow my memory as I was doing.

And, well, just to this post don't be off-topic... Why Popplio is going to turn into a fighting type? It looks so friendly! asd

Also, now from the icon 07 to 09, we have something:

icon07.png

icon08.png

icon09.png

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Sorry about that... Again.
I should start to search for threads about topic I want to talk about before start a new one, instead just follow my memory as I was doing.
Don't worry about that too much :h2i: (like you see, we can move posts :prof:) and thank you for bringing back this interesting conversation! :praise:

And, well, just to this post don't be off-topic... Why Popplio is going to turn into a fighting type? It looks so friendly! asd

Also, now from the icon 07 to 09, we have something:

icon07.png

icon08.png

icon09.png

エスパー -> psychic
ゴースト -> ghost
はがね-> steel

I think those icons were used for Lunala (Psychic/Ghost) and Solgaleo (Psychic/Steel) :search: because they revealed the types just a few days ago :yesyes:

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
Hello trainers!

Tell me, what do you would think if Litten final design was the one you can see in the following image?

earUAgF.png

Boring, don't you think?

The idea was given by a NeoGaf user, and I'm sharing it here, 'cause I saw a post on a spanish language Pokémon Forums (I think I shouldn't give its url), saying that this image was leaked from the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website (as it was a beta version of Litten), what is not true, so if you see any rumor about this image in other website/forums, just ignore it, it is fake.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Hello trainers!

Tell me, what do you would think if Litten final design was the one you can see in the following image?

View attachment 703

Boring, don't you think?

The idea was given by a NeoGaf user, and I'm sharing it here, 'cause I saw a post on a spanish language Pokémon Forums (I think I shouldn't give its url), saying that this image was leaked from the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website (as it was a beta version of Litten), what is not true, so if you see any rumor about this image in other website/forums, just ignore it, it is fake.
That "beta" thing was a fake? I thought that it was true... :facepalm2:

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
That "beta" thing was a fake? I thought that it was true... :facepalm2:

From where I read, yeah, it was fake. A boy disliked Litten's stripes and whiskers, than edited the original artwork to make the one I posted above.

But, then, maybe my source it's wrong. :suspect:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
From where I read, yeah, it was fake. A boy disliked Litten's stripes and whiskers, than edited the original artwork to make the one I posted above.

But, then, maybe my source it's wrong. :suspect:
I like it more with the stripes :yeahyeah:

Basil

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
The starter pokemons look awesome
I'm definently choosing rowlet (grass type)
I've always been a grass type xD

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The starter pokemons look awesome
I'm definently choosing rowlet (grass type)
I've always been a grass type xD
Instead, I've always been a water type XD (but maybe with this generation my first starter will be Litten :suspect:)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I think I figured what type the final evolution will be :coffee:
Let's think that the 7th generation will be strong against the 6th so:
Rowlet's final evo (Grass/Flying) > Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Litten's final evo (Fire/Dark) > Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Popplio's final evo (Water/Fairy) > Greninja (Water/Dark)
If gen 6 followed the usual rule that a starter is strong against the other one, I think gen 7 won't follow that rule... we already know that Rowlet is a Grass/Flying and the sprite can confirm his type. Litten's final evo scream of a Fire/Fighting but at the same time I don't think they will add another Fighting starter... so the Dark type makes sense :yeahyeah:
and finally we have Popplio's final form... the sprite is really... fairy... and fairy is a strong type against Dark (Greninja)

But this is all a speculation asd what do you guys think about it?

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
yeah, it would be those combos most likely.

I mean, in gen 6, Chestnaught has an advantage over Greninja (Because of Grass/Fighting) and Delphox the same with Chestnaught, same as Greninja advantage over Delphox.

So, It wouldn't suprise me if they were the final types :)

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I think I figured what type the final evolution will be :coffee:
Let's think that the 7th generation will be strong against the 6th so:
Rowlet's final evo (Grass/Flying) > Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Litten's final evo (Fire/Dark) > Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Popplio's final evo (Water/Fairy) > Greninja (Water/Dark)
If gen 6 followed the usual rule that a starter is strong against the other one, I think gen 7 won't follow that rule... we already know that Rowlet is a Grass/Flying and the sprite can confirm his type. Litten's final evo scream of a Fire/Fighting but at the same time I don't think they will add another Fighting starter... so the Dark type makes sense :yeahyeah:
and finally we have Popplio's final form... the sprite is really... fairy... and fairy is a strong type against Dark (Greninja)

But this is all a speculation asd what do you guys think about it?

Well, this make sense and I hope you're right (because of Rowlet and Litten, sorry Popplio, but you're out of my wishlist).

Now I can't wait to see those three final evolutions! :hype:

Top Bottom