1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Movie 16

Discussion in 'Pokémon Movies and Shorts' started by Phazon, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Offline

Phazon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    ok, so when I saw the japanese promo trailer, apparently, Satoshi (Ash) knows about Mewtwo probably from the first movie.

But when the trailer came out, he doesn't even recognize Mewtwo, plus the Mewtwo has a Female voice actor instead.

I've had this on my mind for a long time, but what is up with that?

Here is the trailer if you don't understand.

2. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well... I think they haven't explained that well :uhmm:
    In the first movie Mewtwo erase Ash & Co memories but in the special "Mewtwo Returns" Mewtwo decide to don't erase anymore their memories so maybe that's why Ash in the trailer/movie know who is Mewtwo.
    About Mewtwo, I think its from the first movie because he remember when he was first created but they never 100% confirmed that he is the same Mewtwo (we can only say that its the same because he is the only one created but who knows??)
    From Sonoda Hideki's Twitter:
    But like before, the Unova Mewtwo and the movie 1 have the same memories... :uhmm:so they simply never explained and now don't care anymore asd

For the voice... I was really disappointed when I first discovered that they used a female voice actor when they always used a male voice for him. I think they used a female one because Mewtwo is genderless in games/anime... but anyway, I prefer the male one.

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites