1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Dungeon Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon discussion thread

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by May, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Online

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    This thread is to dicuss about the game and to talk about your in-game progress. But please if you are talking about the story to write your message in the spoiler tag!

I'm listening to the background music and some ost are really amazing! sbav[1].gif sbav[1].gif sbav[1].gif
    There are 24 osts called "DLC" and use the old osts from the old PMD games
  2. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Here's the first 45 minutes of the game

Someone give me the game!!!:knife:
  3. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Ok! Yesterday I got the game and started playing it!
    In the end you can't choose the genre of your Pokémon :cry::cry: but I choose anyway Pikachu and Piplup (partner).
    The story for now seems interesting and I found a reference to gates of Infinity
    They added Hydreigon!!! He only talks for a little but it was nice to see him again! :hype:

There's a lot of new things but I like the wand item, it's new to the Pokémon Dungeon series but in the Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer series there were those items! This was a nice surprise :yesyes:

I'm not that far in the story, for now there's a "ghost" that kidnapp Pokémon and Wailor (and others) is now petrified (he tryed to become a rock type but failer XDDDD)

And... I don't know who is the final boss but for now I will say: Yveltal :yeahyeah:
  4. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Finished the main story... I tryed to beat the final boss for 4 times but I did it :yeahyeah:
  5. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    I want to play PSMD so bad, but I have to buy both an American 3DS and the game itself T-T
    It's gonna take me a while to get into it :(
    I hope it'll be as good as Explorers of Sky XD
  6. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    It's a good game but don't expect to be that good :suspect:
  7. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    For sure, "Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon: Reviver Seed" is a good game :yesyes: but not good like the previous MD...
    The osts are really good (maybe the best for a MD) but the gameplay is... broken (?) because in this game you have to use a lot of Reviver Seeds to stay alive (and the berries do nearly nothing...) so maybe it's the most difficult MD of the series :yeahyeah:
    As for the plot... I think it's nice :yesyes: (but my favorite is still Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky)
  8. Offline

Diehl Online more often since last week Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Thanks.

Is the plot cooler than GTI?

And, well, if it's harder than GTI maybe it would be a bit of pain for me (xD), as I... *spoiler alert*

...had some trouble to defeat Munna in the last time we face her. I had to play it again for awhile, maybe because of my leak of strategy. And the dungeon that leads to Munna battle itself was a bit of trouble to me (dammit Volcarona!).

Strangely, Kyurem was pretty easy. :uhmm:

But I think maybe it could be a good buy, if I find a store selling it with a good discount.
  9. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    For me the plot is like Gates :yesyes: good but not epic like Darkness/Times/Sky....

And... it's difficult even because, if I remember well, sometimes you can't go to other dungeons to grind...
    I'll quote you some reviews (only about the gameplay) about the gameplay difficulty:
    Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/160809-pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon/reviews/161535

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/160809-pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon/reviews/161531

So, since you are still new to the series I suggest you to play Super at your own risk. It's possibile to finish the game (I finished it) but like I wrote before, the game is really tough and you need a lot of Reviver Seeds and patience. So if you want something more like Gates, try Explorers :yesyes: and when you feel read to a challenge buy Super :yesyes:
  10. Offline

Hikari Trainer of Light Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    5th Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Eevee
    PkmnGO Team:
    You know, Super is okay. They have more than one town and/or city you can go to. :yesyes: But I got stuck on a part, heh...
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The sotry is ok but I think that it's a little more difficult from the usual Dungeon series (I liked it but it was a little annoying to have only Reviver Seeds...)
  12. Offline

Hikari Trainer of Light Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    5th Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Eevee
    PkmnGO Team:
    Remember Reviser Seeds? Faint from laughter, lol.
  13. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I continued to watch what my poor character has to eat because I was afraid of that seed XDD
  14. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    I'm pretty sure "fainting from laughter" wasn't the actual effect of those Reviser Seeds. I can't remember what it was, but I know that "fainting from laughter" only happens when your character attempts to revive by eating one of them while mistaking it for a Reviver seed.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites