Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Shiny_Pikachu, Nov 1, 2015.
What are some other types of challenges that you've attempted?
I finished a Nuzlocke challenge and a solorun in White and Black 2 (it was difficult against some gym leaders )
Like two years ago I did a electric Pokemon White challenge which I completed.
Surely Clay's gym was difficult, right?
What kind of rules you used?
The rules were:
1. You have to choose one type of Pokémon and stick with it.
2. Again, no duplicates of Pokémon. Also, no two Pokémon that are from the same evolutionary family.
3. Due to the shortage of Pokémon with these types, Ghost and Dragon-types are banned from this challenge.
4. You can use a Pokémon that isn't of your type, but is going to be later. For example, using Nincada for a Flying-type challenge, since it will be Ninjask later.
5. That being said, dual-types are also allowed. For example, using Houndoom and Skuntank for a Dark-type challenge.
6. If your starter is not of, or isn't ever going to be, the type you chose, you can of course use it until you catch a Pokémon of your type.
7. You can use two trades in your game. Trading to evolve doesn't count towards these trades, however, in-game trades do. You would trade to obtain a Pokémon before you could normally obtain it, an example would be Beldum pre-E4.
So I have my challenge post opened in another tab, apparently what I did with clay was use a rotom that learned Substitute and a Chinchou. I went all out with confuse ray and substitute and took advantage of Clay's pokemon confusion to destroy them with Rotom who also knew Ominous wind and leaf storm.
Both of them are really great! I used Chinchou in the Little Cup some time ago and he was really useful!
The rules are really interesting! Maybe I will do this challenge
Separate names with a comma.