1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pkmn GO Niantic explains blocking PokéVision and other third-party tools

Discussion in 'Pokémon GO' started by Christmas May, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Offline

Christmas May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Maybe someone of you know what PokéVision is, for those that don't know, PokéVision is a Pokémon locator/tracker that uses Niantic API to grab the location of all Pokémon near you (or your selected location) and display on map in real time.
    Some days ago Niantic explained why they forced those sites and third party to close:

What do you think? Do you agree or not?
    Personally I'm happy that the servers works better now but I realy wanted something like Ingress where you can check the status of the gyms and the location of the Pokémon :yesyes:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Offline

Diehl As consistent as a Honda engine Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    I think it is great that the servers are working better.

About the PokéVision, I don't even knew that it existed, but I'm not sure if I agree or not with its functionality. I mean, although it can be pretty boring to walk for kilometers without any signal of any Pokémon, I think its cooler to be surprised by the Pokémon which appears next to you (just like the tradicional Pokémon games). Maybe the PokéVision would make more sense to me if instead saying to you "You can find the Pokémon X in the place Y", say to you "You can find A Pokémon in the place X", I mean, tell you where there is a Pokémon but without saying which Pokémon is.

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite