1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Dungeon animated series, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Anime' started by Diehl, Aug 29, 2016.

Pokémon World Championship 2017

1. Offline

Diehl Online more often since last week Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Hello trainers!

As you my now, a couple of days ago I started playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity, and doing some research about the game, I've found these two videos.

For some reason, I really enjoyed them. So, I started thinking about how good (or bad) it could be if the Pokémon Company produce a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon animated series. Judging by what I saw in these two videos, I think a series only with Pokémon and not humans, could be very cool.

But, I'd like to see your opinion, so, what do you think, do you think that MD should get a animated series?
  2. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I really liked this animated series for Mystery Dungeon! Sadly it's too short :cry::cry: (and here's the female Pikachu :rage: in the game it's only male...)
    If you liked this one (and played explorers of time/darkness/sky) I suggest you to watch those 3 specials :
    - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go-Getters Out of the Gate!
    - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness
    - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - Beyond Time & Darkness
    With these 3 episodes (and the two of Gates) I can say for sure that the MD anime is really well made and interesting :yesyes: sadly, they are only specials:cry:(but maybe it's better this way because we don't have fillers :coffee:)
  3. Online

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    I would really love to see Mystery Dungeon get an complete animated series, because it's the most awesomest fantastic super game of all time (jk), but I think it'll be hard to see.

First of all, the game and the anime can't be exactly the same. The specials we got followed the games very strictly, but like the Ash-anime, they need to put in fuller episodes so that it can appeal to those who already finished the game.
    This will be a challenge to the writers, especially because it will have to be good enough to entertain a good amount of viewers including those who never played or seen Pokémon before.
  4. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I agree but... maybe for a 12-13 episodes series it can be done :yesyes: with that number of episode they can't add too many fillers :yeahyeah:
  5. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    PkmnGO Team:
    Good point, even if it's only 12 episodes long, I'd love to watch a PMD anime series XdxDxd
  6. Offline

Diehl Online more often since last week Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    12-13 episodes would be awesome, but I think I'd be pleased with a single OVA, where they could develop a good plot.
  7. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    PkmnGO Team:
    I never really understood what an OVA is. Could you tell me what it means?
  8. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Sure ^^
    Usually they are movies or episodes (the lenght can be different, sometimes you can see an OVA of 30 minutes, sometimes of an hour) made without prior showings on television or in theatres. Sometimes they can be a single episode or more episodes. And if we talk about the budget, the quality of animation and the musics can generally surpass that in television series (An example can be Pokémon the Origins (it's a special but if you take a look at it the animations is much better of the anime)). And sometimes after the OVA they can start doing the TV series (Gundam Unicorn was released as an OVA and now they started doing the tv series).
    Ah right! Sometimes if there's already the anime they will add a special episode to it (and that's an OVA)
    You can read more about it on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_video_animation

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites