1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Legendary acquires Live-Action Pokémon Film rights

Discussion in 'Pokémon Movies and Shorts' started by May, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Back in April, Thomas Tull’s Legendary Entertainment was nearing a deal for the Pokémon property of a Lice-Action movie (we talked about it here).
    On Thursday, Legendary Entertainment and the Pokémon Company, announced that that Legendary Entertainment's film division Legendary Pictures has acquired the live-action film rights and the production will start in 2017 and feature Detective Pikachu.
    TOHO will handle the distribution in Japan while Universal Pictures will handle the distribution outside of Japan.
    great-detective-pikachu_2016_01-29-16_003_jpg_1400x0_q85[1].jpg
    The character of Detective Pikachu debuted in the game Detective Pikachu ~ Birth of a New Duo~ for Nintendo 3DS (the game was released in Japan on February 3, 2016).

Source: here
  2. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    So Legendary finally got the rights XD I knew they would though haha
    So, knowing what the movie is going to be about is both good news and bad news to me.
    Detective Pikachu will definitely be a mystery movie, so as long as they have a good plot, I think people will like it because it's fresh to Pokemon. Judging by the trailer for Detective Pikachu, I think they have potential for making the graphics more high-quality.
    The bad news is that Detective Pikachu is not popular. We don't have news saying the game will be outside of Japan, and for most of the people around the world, they won't be able to approach it that easily.

I hope they do good with it.
  3. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Sincerly, I'm happy that finally there isn't Ash but we will get something new.
    Maybe the Detective Pikachu isn't popular for now but there's Pikachu and everyone knows him :yesyes: so if they name the movie "Pokémon: The detective Pikachu Movie" everyone will know about what we are talking :yesyes: and doing this, they can't made too much mistakes because they can create a totally new adventure :yesyes:
  4. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Now we just need them to cast Danny Devito for Pikachu!
  5. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    And he will, again, say: "What the F is Pokemon?" roftlroftl
  6. Offline

Phazon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    "a Lice-Action movie"?

sounds a bit "Hair-raising" amirite? :p