1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Restart

Discussion in 'Generation 6' started by dark ripper, May 4, 2016.

1. Offline

dark ripper Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Hello everyone, Im new to the community. This is a problem i encountered resently and i wanted your opinion on it. (Im not sure if this is the right place to post it)

So, ive been playing pokemon Y and alpha sapphire for about 6 months(bought them together) and i also have pokebank. Ive completed the pokedex on my sapphire and have 4 boxes of BR pokemon. I recently started wanting to hunt for competitive legendaries, but since i have all of my stuff in saphhire i dont know what to do. I can go hunt mewtwo and the legendary trio in my Y but for the others I need to restart my sapphire and finish it to do it.
    Now since i have pokebank, technically i could just move all of my pokemon there and restart the game. But what about all the progress and the items? Ive got 600 PP ups, 500 rare candies, all of the items that you can get with BP etc. Is it worth it to restrart now? what do you suggest?
  2. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Hi! Welcome to the community! :hi:
    I hope you will have a nice stay here!

You can transfer only Pokémon to the Bank and not items/progress (unless you have some external device that can do a backup of your save)
    So there's 2 options:
    Option 1: you transfer all the Pokémon with the items to Y (but you need another 3DS and this takes a lot of time)
    Option 2: transfer the 'mons to the Bank and give up to the items
    Option 3: don't restart the game and ask for the competitive legendaries that you need -> but this isn't a good option if you want to catch them on your own :yeahyeah:

If I have to make a choice, I will use the 3rd one :yesyes:
  3. Offline

Well, those items took a long time to gather, and specifically for PPups and rare candies it took ~400k pokemiles. I would rather not throw them away, and i cant use all of them cause i havent bred enough pokemon. Option 3 sounds nice but where do i ask for those pokemon? I want them to be legit and not hacked, which is the main reason why i want to catch them myself.
  4. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I think that every Pokémon forum has a place where you can ask for trades (ours is here: http://www.pokemon-trainer.com/forums/trades-battles.42/ ) but I can't assure you that they are always 100% legit :yesyes: you need to ask who catched them they story behind them :yesyes:
  5. Offline

I seriously doubt anyone who would go through the trouble of catching a perfect legendary pokemon would give it away :p The only other thing i was considering is to wait until ive used up my items and have several boxes of BR pokemon and then restart the game after i transfer them to pokebank. Or simply wait 6 months till sun and moon are out when i will transfer them there no matter what. But that will take time as well. Also, catching them yourself is more satisfactory!
  6. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well, if you want to transfer them to Sun/Moon you will have to use the Bank (it's not confirmed for now but I think that you will need the Bank to transfer Pokémon from XY/ORAS to SM) so why you don't restart the game now? With this you will catch the legendary now and later transfer them to SM and search for the items there :yesyes: (you will have to anyway since the Bank don't allow items so losing them now or later isn't that important, right? :lole2:)
  7. Offline

Because as i said there are several more pokemon i want to breed and ev train. i think my best option(other than getting the pokemon from someone else) is to simply try and breed as many pokemon as i can for the next few months and use up my items(pp ups, rare candies, stones) to them. When Im satisfied with the amount of pokemon i have or simply the time that SM are released has come i will restart the game for the legendaries :D
  8. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Sounds like a great plan :) good luck with it!
  9. Offline

Endy Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Welcome to the community! I'm kind of new too...

Good luck with your competitive pokemon soft resets!

Get that rare 5iv pokemon... :p
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  10. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    And welcome to you too :hi:

(if you can, instead of reply more times to a single thread, please use the edit thread :yeahyeah:)
  11. Offline

Thank you, you too! Im about to start with moltres on my Y copy. Ive already bred several synchroinizers. I hope ill get lucky and get it quickly :p
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. Offline

Endy Trainer Pokémon Trainer

xD it took me like 15 min to just get a modest ralts... i had to chain breed like crazy!!

If a fainted pokemon syncronize pokemon is fainted, but in the front of your party, it still works right??
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites