1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you have Pokémon anime dubbed in your native language? How was it?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Anime' started by May, Apr 5, 2017.

Pokémon World Championship 2017

1. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Yes, we have the anime dubbed and the first season were ok because I never watched the original dub.
    I watched the first episodes of XY in Italian and... I didn't like it... Serena's voice was that of an old girl :omg: so I continued watching the original one with english subs :yesyes2: :sisi2:
  2. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    The Korean dub is doing a really good job, actually. Because I first watched Pokémon in English, I used to have a tendency to look down on the Korean production because I wasn't used to it and they were so far behind in the episodes. However, they caught up with Japan and the US around the BW season and managed to attract a bigger audience.

Now that the English dub has gotten worse ever since TPCi took over, I can't help but think that objectively, the Korean dub has better quality. The voice actors are really good, and the dialogue is much more natural than the English dub because Korean culture and language have many similarities with Japan. What's more, I think the Korean dub doesn't censor all the tiny things that the English dub gets sensitive all over, which is advantageous in showing the audience a show that's as close to the original as possible.

Nevertheless, I always watched Pokemon in English because that's just what I'm used to. In fact, the only time I really get to appreciate the Korean dub is when I go to the theater to watch the latest Pokémon movies for mystery gifts.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Offline

Phazon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    a question for @unownzone

does the korean dub have the japanese intros, outros, eyecatchers still intact?

because i'm a bit envious of other countries that do their own dubbed versions.

mainly because they stick to the actual songs, soundtracks, ect instead of butchering anime shows like the usa does.
    • List
  4. Offline

unownzone Classy Pokemon Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    Yep, everything is intact, only with Korean dubbing and I think the songs are completely original too.
    There's something about keeping all the original details of the anime that feels more sophisticated than the American reproduction.
    • List
  5. Offline

Diehl Online more often since last week Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well, when I was younger I used to watch Pokémon on my native language, Brazilian Portuguese, and I used to like it. I mean, back in that time it was enough to me (but nowadays... I don't like Brazilian Misty anymore, for example). I think the Advanced generation was "okay" as for the Brazilian dub.
    DP was a good point, as for me Brazilian Dawn has a better voice than American Dawn... But, again, those were the generations I watched first in Portuguese and later in English.

However, when we go to Black & White (no fanboyism this time), the things started to go worse (probably because I watched - and was okay with - in English first), Ash was still being the same voice actor, but Cilan wasn't as "connoisseur" as the American and Iris, well, I liked, but I think the American fitted the role better. Brazilian Georgia wasn't as irritating as the American, Trip was good, but sounded far older than he actually is, Bianca sounded strange and not funny enough...It was not a good dubbing on overall.

Then we got XY (and Z), which keeps the bad legacy of BW, for the first time ever we got a new voice actor for Ash... Isn't the same thing anymore and looks like the new guy not even tried to sound "Ash" and just put the same voice he used for other animated characters. Serena's dub was bad, Bonnie's dub was bad, Clemont's dub was bad.

The only think that keeps amazing is the Team Rocket, I love their Brazilian dub trio!
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    You guys get the Mystery Gifts?? That's lucky! :cry:

We used to have our original songs (I loved them, they were really good!) but since the TPCi took over, the opening songs are the same of the English ones (they only translated the words but the music is the same) and they are horrible :omg: I'm still scared to hear them :afraid:
    here's an example:
    ITA

ENG

My poor kokoro :cry::cry::cry:
    (and they are doing the remakes of old ones because they aired the old episodes again... but this style is a little ugly... -> or anyway, I don't like it XD)

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites