1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo to release in Japan on February 3 for Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Nightmare May, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Remember when some years ago a new Pokémon Trademark was found? Now, after 2 years the detective Pikachu game is complete and has finally been revealed as Detective Pikachu ~ Birth of a New Duo~.
    poster[1].jpg
    The game will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Japan on February 3, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS for 1.500 yen (and starting from January 27 through February 29 it’ll be available for a special low price of 1.200 yen) and will require 800MB of space (6.400 blocks). The game is listed as a puzzle solving "Cinematic Adventure Game" and has no online features.

The game takes place in Rhyme City you play as the human character Tim Goodman. He then meets, a talking, Pikachu and the story begins.

Source: serebii
  2. Offline

Nintendomi Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Mmm... No, I haven't it!
    How to use a popular mascot for sell a no pokémon game: this is Detective Pikachu xDxD ...said that, I'll certainly play to this game... it seems cool and I'm curious to try it!asd
  3. Offline

Nightmare May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I'm curious to play this game but I don't think it will be something really good... plus, why they haven't showed some of the gameplay?? I wonder if it will be like Ace Attorney or something different...
    The Japanese voice of Pikachu :suspect: he seems an old man in the body of a Pikachu...
  4. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I must admit Nintendo and Pokemon have impressed me with how well they've been keeping secrets! I can't remember when was it that we got that news or it and that was it not a peep or anything!
  5. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    We got the news in October 2013 :yesyes: and like they said, they took 2 years to finish the game (while we nearly forgot about it roftl)
  6. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Mmm... No, I haven't it!
    Disquieting xD ...in the video, it's seen while talking with another pikachu, and this other pikachu talks like a pikachu! So it's possible that he is a human trapped in a pokemon body :yesyes: ...is it a curse? (or Bill xD)
  7. Offline

Smuglup Trainer Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

"Detective Pikachu"

w-w-what? o_O
  8. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Don't worry... this Pikachu is scary but for now they haven't talked about the Blue Pikachu that maybe will be the enemy :lole2:
    (2 years ago they talked about this blue Pikachu soI'm curious if he will appear or not :yeahyeah:)
  9. Offline

MrPigsworth Pig Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Tepig and Spoink
    PkmnGO Team:
    This game looks like the 2016 version of "Nintendo's Ways of getting Fans to Give Them More Money"
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    roftl That's what they have done for the last 20 years :yeahyeah: I only hope that this game will be good :yesyes:
  11. Offline

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    So I just found out that there's a petition to get Danny DeVito to voice Pikachu in the NA version :LOL: :lol:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Offline

Shiny_Pikachu Electric Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu, Froslass
    PkmnGO Team:
    This looks interesting, definitely want to hear more about it.
  13. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Mmm... No, I haven't it!
    The intro of the game has been loaded on youtube!! :hype: ...and also a video of the first 42 minutes of Gameplay! Here they are:

• List
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  14. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I don't like the english dub of videogames/anime but I think that the Italian one will be really bad...

Thank you! Later I will watch the intro since I'm curious :yesyes: (I'm curious about the gameplay too but I will wait :yesyes: )
  15. Offline

Lorenzo Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Hope this game won't be just a rip-off
  16. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I hope that in this game you will choose the language and the Japanese vocal track :coffee:
  17. Offline

Diehl I'm back... I guess Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    For the people who was hoping to see Danny DeVito as Pikachu's voice actor on the american version of "Detective Pikachu", I'm afraid to say that doesn't looks this is going to happen.

At an event in Los Angeles last friday, DeVito was asked if he knows that the Pokémon fans was wanting him to voice Detective Pikachu, and his answer was:

It is not clear if DeVito doesn't really know what is Pokémon or if he just didn't want to talk about it. But, this kind of attitude just makes it seem like he definitely will not be Pikachu's voice actor.

Source: Destructoid.

*He used a very ugly expression, I could not write that here, so I adapted this part of the text.
    • List
  18. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    "Who the hell is DeVito?" roftl Joke... but here we won't have the english dub :)rage:I hope they will allow you to choose it)
    For now... we have to wait the localization :yesyes:
  19. Offline

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    You're assuming they'll localize it...there's a chance it won't be unless something about it being localized has been said and I missed it...
  20. Offline

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well, it's a Pokémon game so sooner or later they will localize it :yesyes: (why they have to lose a possibility to make money? asd )

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites