1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuzlocke Black stress: A Black 2 Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Meem E.A. Satdsaintson, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Offline

Meem E.A. Satdsaintson Have a little laugh in your life! Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    4th Generation
    Welp, felt I really needed a new cartridge run, so here we go.

So to begin, let me just start things off by saying that Black 2 is probably...my least favourite of the main series games. I mean, it's not bad, and I enjoyed it when I first played it, but otherwise for some reason it just felt less interesting compared to all the other main series games. And sometimes I wonder why I didn't care for Black 2. It could be because I wasn't prepared for sequels as opposed to a gray version, it could be because I just didn't care for the plot, it could even be because 2012 just wasn't a great year for me (somehow)

So, the main reason why I chose to play Black 2 is so that I can (hopefully) grow on it, see if it is truly my least liked game or if I was just overreacting. Let's go!

1. Capture first encounter
    2. If someone faints it will get permaboxed
    3. If something bad happens (a glitch or a wipe or something like that) I will be allowed to split an area into 2 to get a free encounter. This can however only happen once, and if another similarly bad thing happens, tough luck.
    4. Everything including the main character and the rival will be named after random things that come into my mind.
    5. Yeah, that's it. simply run this time.

Ah rite, let's start.

[​IMG]

Ah yes, Here we are again. So in the past, I've had a total of 3 other legit Black 2 runs, 1st one abandoned because I lost a few bros who were important to my run and couldn't move on from it, the 2nd one completed with a badass team but got like 9 deaths, possibly a gazillion close calls and I recall even wiping once but my game ran out of battery and I saved some time before the battle so when I re-did it nobody died. And the 3rd run was about how I was going well until a grinding session before the 4th gym (in which the levels go from 23/24-ish to fucking 30. Am I the only one who is constantly annoyed with Black 2's level spikes?) And lost nearly all my stuff, with the remainders in my box filled with shit encounters. Bleh. Well, hopefully, this run won't be like the 1st and 3rd runs.

[​IMG]

Hey, it's the professor. Also, notice she used to have a Minccino in BW1 and in this game she has it's evo. That's an interesting touch.

[​IMG]

Yeah...I really feel I should have skipped this part, since I'll have you know that whenever I play BW2, I always pick male. I know that ther are some people out there who like the other one and since this isn't a thread to complain about protag's design's, I'll just put in my reasoning in the spoiler below.

HAIR BALLS SOMEONE HELP ME

[​IMG]

Named after the initials of the animated flick Despicable Me 2. Why the hell not? It is my favourite and the best animated film. part 3? what part 3 i've never heard of that, probably won't watch

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, this is also the last game where you could name your rival. Since something like 'Assdick' would be a bit overused by now...

[​IMG]

He is the worst pile of living space on earth. The jerkiest of all jerks. The assholiest of all assholes. The one person who you know will be your arch nemesis just by looking at him. The sheer though of his face makes you want to punch a small child. He is SonOfABeach, and he very much deserves that name. And apparently that won't fit.

[​IMG]

Better.

[​IMG]

Now we can start the game!

[​IMG]

Alright this looks a bit plain...

[​IMG]

Better.

[​IMG]

I don't know why I took this but okay.

[​IMG]

#GottaGoFast

[​IMG]

Well, well. Look who it is.

Yeah. I'm gonna go on an adventure. Too bad you're gonna miss this one, just like, well, most of your attacks.

Stop making fun of my ability!

Sucks to be you.

[​IMG]

Obligatory science guy.

[​IMG]

Yes, because you are a fucking asshole. No not really.

[​IMG]

Oh boy! Starters! Who to pick?

[​IMG]

No other than the one I've probably used the least amongst.

[​IMG]

Because he's big, mean and green. At least when he's fully evolved.

[​IMG]

Even she thinks so.

[​IMG]

I would have preferred a +attack nature, but could've been worse.

[​IMG]

The first rival battle! What now? I think I will lose!

[​IMG]

Oh who am I kidding. That was flawless.

[​IMG]

#GottaGoFaster

Also, if I'm not wrong, just now, there was a tutorial about the centre and how all the things inside it work. And that includes the PC. I admit, I'll give this game props to that, because of when I first played Pokemon back in gen4 and caught my 7th mon and was like "MY ROCK WENT INTO SOME RANDOM STRANGER'S PC HOW DID THAT HAPPEN".

[​IMG]

...Aaaaaannd back to not praising Black 2. I'll have you know that BW2 honestly, has the worst route 1. Some asswagon thought it was a good idea to take out Lillipup and have the only things you could find here be 2 2-stage lines that, while aren't so bad early on, will lag pretty badly in the late game, unless you have good luck. While I did have an actually good Purrloin once in an older nuzrun, I admit it was probably more or less from luck I managed to take it far until it died. Patrat? It's....well, yeah, you can say the same about the above. But since it has things like early Bite, I guess it should be okay.

[​IMG]

And back to praising Black 2 again, this is the first game that gives you 10 balls as opposed to 5. That's a good thing.

[​IMG]

And this isn't. Welp. I never wanted to use my route 1 encounter anyway, unless I actually do get a Lillipup in the ranch place.

[​IMG]

Yes, I used the name I would have used had I gotten Patrat. In all honesty that nature....isn't that bad. Too bad I don't feel like using this.

[​IMG]

Level ups are love, level ups are life.

[​IMG]

Actually he's a green creature who, well, okay yeah nothing intresting here.

[​IMG]

GTFO, I want to carry on with my game.

[​IMG]

So here is where I beat the first trainer in the game...

[​IMG]

And managed to get through the grass without encountering anything! So I guess that should mean a possible Venipede later on, I guess.

[​IMG]

And the ranch. Alright game, you gave me the one I wanted less on route 1, so here on the ranch I should be getting a Lillipup, right?

Right?

I think I might have to cheat here...

[​IMG]

YES I GOT IT! Well, that is if we don't defeat it. And no, I didn't cheat, this is my first encounter here.

[​IMG]

>Dat nature
    >A characteristic that probably boosts defense, in a game where all the dangerous stuff are physical attackers

I think I just found the run's lifesaver.

[​IMG]

1 level later, this. Wrestle for best mon ever.

[​IMG]

Shortest grinding ever. Let's go back to the ranch.

[​IMG]

Oh, and this thing showed up just when I was done training my grass mon.

Didn't screenshot the whole thing, but I completed the ranch mission, had a random grunt insult my character and give me a meh TM, and my rival freaked out for no reason. Let's go.

[​IMG]

Since those 3 dudes from BW1 aren't here anymore the sequels introduce us to types with this. I defeated both of them with ease.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, the medal dude exists. This is where BW2 tries to be different and induce a bunch of acheivements you can get for doing random things. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's worthless. And the medal guy kind of looks like the gym guide from the prev generation.

[​IMG]

And he usually delivers medals to you next to the computer, in case you were wondering.

[​IMG]

You couldn't OHKO that? Really?

[​IMG]

(this is the rival's house I think)

So....are you secretly a beach? Because of your son's name?

Oh, and by the way, I got into the gym here (it's not in this house duh, it's in this area furthur down). And like the BW1 first gym you are forced to beat all the trainers before the leader. Thankfully both of them were easy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This gym trainer got so humiliated at losing to a green creature and a wrestling pet, she retired being a gym trainer and became a playable character in gen6.

[​IMG]

Anyway I decided to go back to my house and see if the mother still heals your mons even though there is a centre in the same town. Turns out she does, so there are 2 places here that heal your mons.

[​IMG]

Leader time!

Anyway, since I'm tired, I'll postpone the leader update tomorrow.

Well, that was a thing. I apologise if some of the things I said around the update felt offensive by any means, I don't mean to make any form of enemies here. So next up, the gym!

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite FireChao Topsites