1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best/Worst game you played in 2016

Discussion in 'Videogames' started by Diehl, Dec 28, 2016.

Moderators: ...
  1. Offline

Diehl As consistent as a Honda engine Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Emolga and Zapdos
    PkmnGO Team:
    Hello trainers, the years is coming to its end, so it's the perfect moment to look back and remember what we played this year.

So, share with us your gaming experience over 2016:
    - Best Game
    - Worst Game
    - Biggest Surprise
    - Biggest Deception

One important thing, let's talk about the game we played this year, not just the games which were released in 2016, but every single game you've played for the first time this year, even that it is older.

----------------------------------

So, I'll start and my list will include several old games, since I got my PS3 in December 2015 and my 2DS this year...

Best Game: Rayman Legends (PS3)
    Rayman Origins was the first game I played on my PS3 and, man, that was a really great game... But its successor was even better!
    Simplistic but fantastic gameplay, beautiful and colorful graphics, great soundtracks, a good amount of challenges/mini-games, an amazing multiplayer... Rayman Legends is without a doubt one of my favorite games ever - I think I can even say that it is one of the greatest platform games ever made. It's a love letter to the old 16-bit platformers.

Honorable mentions: Pokémon Moon (3DS), Grid Autosport (PS3), Move or Die (PC).

Worst Game: Football Manager 2016 (PC)
    This may be a good simulator, but it fails miserable about being a game... I mean, the "fun factor" is almost null.
    Unlike others old (and good) tittles, like LMA Manager, FM just can't be played for a people who don't want to study football, study your strategies and your opponents match-by-match. Which made FM became a nightmare to me.

Honorable mentions: RC Simulation 2.0 (PC), Ridge Racer Unbonded (PS3), Pokémon Y (3DS).

Biggest Surprise: Pokémon Moon (3DS)
    Yeah... Believe or not, but in the last couple of months before the release of Sun & Moon, I started to have my doubts about the 7th generation of our favourite franchise. But in the end, the game was really good, the best Pokémon for 3DS.

Honorable mentions: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (3DS).

Biggest Deception: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
    As a big fan of the old Donkey Kong Country franchise, from the Super Nintendo, I thought this game would be great... But the things aren't the same anymore. It's not a bad game, but it's not as good as the old ones.

Honorable mentions: Ridge Racer Unbonded (PS3), Pokémon Y (3DS), Bust-a-Move Universe (3DS), F1 2014 (PS3), Gran Turismo 5 (PS3).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Online

Christmas May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Great thread!
    I'll go see what I played this year
    *return after a while*
    Ok! Here we go!

- Best Game: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
    What to say here? Great OSTs, great sequel, great characters, an epic story, good difficulty and a great final boss. (A boss like that I don't think we will see in some other games XD)
    - Worst Game: Kentai Denju Telefang (the boothleg)
    For years I thought: how will the story end?? So I finally took an emulator and started playing it again... only to discover that the dungeons are something really frustrating to complete because maybe they didn't know how to continue the game and the story is really bad. This was really a disappointment... why I decided to finish this game? Sometimes it's better to have a good memory of things.
    - Biggest Surpris: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
    I never pleyed a Digimon game but this one was was really nice and with a great story (and great osts) so it was really fun playing.
    - Biggest Deception: Yo-Kai Watch 2
    I played the first one and wanted something like that, instead I got Yo-Kai Train Simulator. Where's the station I need to get out? What? I missed the station? S**t.
    At least the story will save the game... right? .... no... it's not even that interesting.... quitted for now.
  3. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Oh man! A bit hard!
    -Best Game
    Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: I've been a Digimon fan majority of my life and when after a while there had no been a Digimon game I was a bit disappoint and thought the series was dying off, until this got announced! When I heard of this being localized I immediately gathered money and bought a PS Vita, my first none Nintendo console. After this games release it was most certainly not a disappointment it was better that I had thought! The graphics are beautiful, I love the story itself, the amount of Digimon within is fantastic, the battle system is easy to understand (especially if you've played Persona), they had New Game Plus available, free DLC, and I clocked in over 100 faster than any game I've ever played.
    Honorable Mention: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 & Pokemon Sun & Moon
    -Worse Game
    RWBY Grimm Eclipse: It's sad that I put this here...I love the RWBY franchise and when they announced a game of it I immediately jumped and bought it when it was in the beta. The beta was great! Easy game play good system, few bug every now and then and the story was a bit short, but besides that it was more or less perfect, sadly got old after a while due to lack of story and I stopped playing. Later on the Full Game was out and I re-downloaded off of Steam and the system had been revamped, and I hate it...
    Dishonorable Mention: Pokemon GO
    -Biggest Surprise
    Persona 4 Golden: Another Vita game, my first, and one that I bought just so my Vita wasn't a paperweight until Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I had known about the existence of Persona but I never had to much interested especially with some of the designs I was shown...*cough Mara cough*... But a few friends recommended I tried it when I could, and once again I loved it! Beautiful graphics, great voice acting, good story, amazing Persona and character designs! Along with a good amount of replay with multiple possible endings!
    Honorable Mention: Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX & Bleach Brave Souls
    -Biggest Deception
    Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness: Psycho-Pass is an anime which I have enjoyed both of it's season multiple times! To discover it had a game which was being localize surprised me quite a bit, I had seen multiple commercials of it with actual anime scenes and I bought game day of release full price at the same price as most PS Vita games and I began playing, 5 min...10 min...30 min... all this "Game" was, was story...there is literally nothing but story! This might be somewhat on me for not doing my research and jumping the gun! But something like this should not be worth the same price as games such as Digimon Story, SAO, God Eater, etc...
  4. Online

Christmas May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    XDDD he isn't the only one XD he is from Shin Megami Tensei and you have to see how many other demons like him exists XDDD
  5. Offline

... Pokemon Legend Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Mega Charizard X
    PkmnGO Team:
    This will just be short descriptions, but let-sa go!!!!!

Best Game: Doom 2016
    Action action action!!!
    No hiding behind rocks or walls war game style. No gun carry limit or reload time, a real love song to 90s shooters with modern day graphics!

Worst game: ???
    I really can't say because I usually don't play terrible games.

Biggest Surprise: Digimon World Cyber Sleuth
    Just imagine Pokemon, Digimon World series and Megaman Battle Network had a baby O_O

Biggest Dissapointment: Final Fantasy XV
    Button mashing in my Final Fantasy?!
    Lot's of GTA style stumbling when characters fall.
  6. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Oh I know he's not the only one! I've never played Shin Megami Tensei itself, but I know there are plenty of like that!
  7. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I really suggest you to play one of them :yesyes: IV and IV: Apocalypse are really good if you like RPGs games
Moderators: ...

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite