Careful, Confident, Classy
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
We know most of them are, but it's quite confusing.
Mewtwo, porygon, genesect magearna and the recently revealed Type:Null.
They're all artificial Pokemon, but 3 of them are classified as legendary or mythical Pokemon.

it's official that they are, but do you think it's right to call them that?
Magearna kinda makes sense because it was made a long time ago.
However, mewtwo and genesect were made in the present day. They can't appear in legends, so can we really call them legendary and mythical Pokemon?

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
I think that we can call them legendary and mythical Pokémon because of their powers :yesyes: they are much ore powerful than normal Pokémon and there's only one of them (for game XD).
And that's why they are banned from official competitions :yesyes2: :sisi2: but this is what I think :yeahyeah:

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I think that we can call them legendary and mythical Pokémon because of their powers :yesyes: they are much ore powerful than normal Pokémon and there's only one of them (for game XD).
And that's why they are banned from official competitions :yesyes2: :sisi2: but this is what I think :yeahyeah:

I like to think through less of a gameplay aspect and more of a theoretical Pokemon world aspect. Ignoring what Mewtwo is called in real life, what would people in the Pokemon world call it? I don't think they would call it legendary, unless the word "legendary Pokemon" has other meanings that "it appeared in legends"

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I like to think through less of a gameplay aspect and more of a theoretical Pokemon world aspect. Ignoring what Mewtwo is called in real life, what would people in the Pokemon world call it? I don't think they would call it legendary, unless the word "legendary Pokemon" has other meanings that "it appeared in legends"
I think it has other meanings because many legendary have a special thing that others don't have; maybe an exclusive move or because they are important for the World (Rayquaza to protect it, Yveltal to destroy t and Xerneas to give life and so on) and the ones created by humans because they more powerful and they simply were gifted with the "legendary" title :yesyes:

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I don't know.

In one hand I agree with @unownzone opinion about man-made Pokémon "can't appear in legends", for being like "modern creations", but in another hand I agree with @May, these Pokémon (Mewtwo, Genesect) are extremely powerful, which could make them something like "future legends".

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I don't know.

In one hand I agree with @unownzone opinion about man-made Pokémon "can't appear in legends", for being like "modern creations", but in another hand I agree with @May, these Pokémon (Mewtwo, Genesect) are extremely powerful, which could make them something like "future legends".

Hmm good point. Mewtwo and genesect do not appear in legenda now, but they are indeed powerful enough to appear in legends told in the future

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Hmm good point. Mewtwo and genesect do not appear in legenda now, but they are indeed powerful enough to appear in legends told in the future
About Genesect: he lived (don't know how many years ago) and he was resurreted so I think that he an be a legendary for that :yesyes: he was modified but existed in the past :yeahyeah:

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
you forgot Deoxys, I think?

Anyways, I think ones like Mewtwo, Genesect and Magearna are "Legendary" because of their Power, but are in no way Mythical catergory stats.

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
you forgot Deoxys, I think?

Anyways, I think ones like Mewtwo, Genesect and Magearna are "Legendary" because of their Power, but are in no way Mythical catergory stats.
Deoxys isn't artificial. It's an alien virus that was mutated into a Pokémon.

By the way, do mythical Pokémon have higher stats than legendary Pokémon?

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
Deoxys isn't artificial. It's an alien virus that was mutated into a Pokémon.

I thought Deoxys was the result of an experiment that was conducted in space and it got loose.

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I thought Deoxys was the result of an experiment that was conducted in space and it got loose.
Nah, its Pokédex description says it all.

An alien virus that fell to earth on a meteor underwent a DNA mutation to become this Pokémon.

The only Pokémon that mentions humans working in space is probably Porygon Z

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team

Kyogre (not Primal):
HP: 100
Attack: 100
Defense: 90
Sp. Atk: 150
Sp. Def: 140
Speed: 90

Genesect:
HP: 71
Attack: 120
Defense: 95
Sp. Atk: 120
Sp. Def: 95
Speed: 99

Some Mythical Pokémon have a base stat total of 600 and stat distribution of 100 to each stat (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Land Forme Shaymin and Victini).

Top Bottom